During September, 64 Bass Pro Shops stores across the country will offer customers an opportunity to donate $2 or $5 to the Boy Scouts of America. A chance to win $500, $250 or $100 Bass Pro Shops gift cards is available to those who complete an entry form. At the end of the promotion, 50 percent of the money collected will be donated to the National Council while the remaining 50 percent will be given to designated local councils. In addition, Bass Pro Shops will make a contribution for each donation made.
Scouts can work toward earning their fishing and rifle shooting merit badges by attending workshops at participating Bass Pro Shops stores across the U.S. Classes are taught Tuesdays and Thursdays beginning at 6 p.m. according to the following schedule:
• Tuesday, Sept. 2 – Fishing merit badge class
• Thursday, Sept. 4 – Rifle shooting merit badge class
• Tuesday, Sept. 9 – Rifle shooting merit badge class
• Thursday, Sept. 11 – Fishing merit badge class
• Tuesday, Sept. 16 – Fishing merit badge class
• Thursday, Sept. 18 – Rifle shooting merit badge class
• Tuesday, Sept. 23 – Rifle shooting merit badge class
• Thursday, Sept. 25 – Fishing merit badge class
Class size is limited so students should call their nearest Bass Pro Shops store and register over the phone.
“Bass Pro Shops support of the Boy Scouts is another way we can help shape the next generation of leaders and conservationists,” said Stan Lippelman vice president of marketing for Bass Pro Shops and board member for the Ozark Trails Council. “For thousands of boys, their first experiences with fishing, archery, shooting, camping and conservation are a result of their involvement in Scouting.”
For more information about Boy Scout Month at Bass Pro Shops, visit: http://www.basspro.com/boyscouts
To find a Bass Pro Shops store, visit:
*Merit badge classes will not be held at store locations in Calgary, Alberta, Canada; Vaughan, Ontario, Canada; Islamorada, Florida; or the Outlet store in Springfield, Missouri.